Thursday, July 3, 2008

James Jacques Joseph Tissot Too Early painting

James Jacques Joseph Tissot Too Early painting
John William Waterhouse My Sweet Rose painting
I suppose Gilbert Blythe is going to college in the fall," said Marilla jerkily. "How would you like to go too, Anne?"
Anne looked up in astonishment.
"I would like it, of course, Marilla. But it isn't possible."
"I guess it can be made possible. I've always felt that you should go. I've never felt easy to think you were giving it all up on my account."
"But Marilla, I've never been sorry for a moment that I stayed home. I've been so happy. . .Oh, these past two years have just been delightful."
"Oh, yes, I know you've been contented enough. But that isn't the question exactlygo on with your education. You've saved enough to put you through one year at Redmond and the money the stock brought in will do for another year. . .and there's scholarships and things you might win."
"Yes, but I can't go, Marilla. Your eyes are better, of course; but I can't leave you alone with the twins. They need so much looking after."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.