Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thomas Moran Monterey Coast

Thomas Moran Monterey CoastThomas Moran Grand CanyonGrand Canyon of the Yellowstone
Examineme," she said. Her voice wavered, but not for an instant her extraordinary resolution. She was a changed woman.
"Examine you how, Anastasia? If you mean play Doctor, I don't see --"
"Letme do the seeing." She closed her eyes for some moments, as if gathering strength to proceed with her remarkable, nonplussing self-assertion. Lifting herself onto an examination-table near the fluoroscope, she said grimly, "Come here, George."
I went. She leaned back on her arms.
"Look me over," she ordered. "Don't mind if I blush or act embarrassed. Examine me, every square millimeter. Don't touch me yet; just look."
I am not made of stone: breathing heavily, and assisted by my flashlight and the various lenses of my stick, I inspected every pore, hair, fold, crease, protuberance, process, and orifice of her. I learned that the hairs of Anastasia's limbs, head, armpits, and pubes grew darker and thicker in that order; that her brown irises were flecked with black and green; that her scalp was more white, herlabia minora more tan, than I'd have supposed. Her nostrils were not quite a pair; there were silver fillings in three of her

No comments: