Thursday, April 2, 2009

John Constable Flatford Mill

John Constable Flatford MillJohn William Waterhouse The Magic CircleJohn William Waterhouse Pandora
Mrs Cake stood up, brushed the plaster dust off her apron, and said:
‘They shouted! They shouted! All at once!’
Modo the University gardener was weeding a rose bed when the ancient, velvet lawn beside him heaved and sprouted a ?’
‘About five hundred years, I think.’
‘Gosh, I am sorry. I was aiming for the cellars, but I seem to have lost my bearings.’
‘Don’t you worry about that, Mr Poons,’ said the dwarf cheerfully.’Everything’s growing like crazy anyway. I’ll hardy perennial Windle Poons, who blinked in the light.‘Is that you, Modo?’‘That’s right, Mr Poons,’ said the dwarf. ‘Shall I give you a hand up?’‘I think I can manage, thank you.’‘I’ve got a shovel in the shed, if you like.’‘No, it’s perfectly all right.’ Windle pulled himself out of the grass and brushed the soil off the remains of his robe.’Sorry about your lawn,’ he added, looking down at the hole.‘Don’t mention it, Mr Poons.’‘Did it take long to get it looking like that

No comments: